We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The Red cabbage (Brassica oleracea) is a leaf vegetable of the family cruciferous, just like its green or white brothers.
It is a perennial plant native tocentral Europe which has many benefits and virtues for health.
Red cabbage and its health benefits
For a long time, red cabbage was considered a excellent pectoral, effective in ailments pulmonary and the bronchitis. Cooked cabbage, on the other hand, was used to treat inflammations of the digestive tract and cirrhosis liver. Today, the virtues of cabbage are recognized and it is even believed that it has a preventive action on some cancers.
- Red cabbage is a very good source ofvitamin C which contributes to maintaining the integrity of theskin, helphealing of wounds, protects cells against premature aging caused byfree radicals and facilitates functionsimmune.
- Red cabbage is recommended for the treatment ofdyspeptic disorders (gastric burns, hiatus hernias, nausea, regurgitation, hepatobiliary dyspepsia).
he regulates bowel functions andcalms the pains ofgastric ulcer, duodenal and gastritis. In old medical treatises, the cabbage juice was also indicated as a remedy in stomach and intestinal disorders.
- Red cabbage is a good source ofcalcium, essential for bone health, to contractionmuscular, to the regularization ofpressure arterial, the healing ofwounds and the transmission ofnerve impulses.
- Rich in vitamins and mineral salts, red cabbage is beneficial in case anemia.
- Red cabbage has vantioxidant and detoxifying ertus that protect the body against cellular aging.
- Rich in vitamin K, red cabbage has a beneficial effect on the blood thinning. Warning however, red cabbage is strongly discouraged for people on anticoagulant therapy.
- With its contribution inpotassium, red cabbage reduces the risk of diseasecardiovascular.
- Red cabbage juice is an excellent vermifuge against pinworms and roundworms.
- Red cabbage has a hypoglycemic principle beneficial in case of diabetes.
- For external use, raw cabbage leaves applied in poultice helphealing sores and relieve pain rheumatic and muscular, headaches, sciatica and the joints painful.
Growing red cabbage for its benefits
- Cabbage needs a sunny exposure but not hot and a rich soil, deep, moist but well drained.
- If you want extend harvest, consider staggering the sowing every three weeks from April to June.
- Red cabbage is decorative, you can grow it pot of 25 cm with a non-acidic soil.
Red cabbage in cooking and its benefits
To keep the maximum of its nutrients, preferably consume your raw red cabbage or steam it, keeping it crunchy.
Red cabbage raw bring33 kcal / 100 g, and when it is steamed 22 kcal / 100 g. It is rich in mineral salts and in vitamins.